Infertility workup :
Before the IVF cycle, the patients have to undergo preliminary investigations which include the medical history of the couple and the IVF tests for pre-screening.
Tests for female
- Ovarian Reserve Tests- This test includes the transvaginal scan, and it takes place in between the 2nd and 5th day of the period. The commonly used tests include the basal follicle stimulating and anti-Mullerian hormone and the antral follicle count as well. The specialist will give the result if the patient’s ovarian reserve is healthy for their age.
- Blood tests- There are many blood tests according to the condition of the couple. These tests include- LH (Luteinizing hormone), T4 (thyroxin), FSH (day three follicle stimulating hormone), TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), and there are other tests as well.
- Ultrasound- With the ultrasound the checking of the womb lining and diagnosis of other conditions including the polycystic ovaries, ovary size, endometriosis, and many other conditions take place. The pelvic ultrasound gives the baseline report which helps as the reference while the treatment takes place. The vaginal ultrasound is a painless and simple procedure.
- HSG- A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) method uses the x-ray to check the fallopian tube of the patient to see if it is open or not and also the inside the uterus is normal. This process takes place in the radiology department of the hospital. And the process completes within half an hour.
- Hysteroscopy- It is a small surgical procedure to view the uterus’s inside. Dr. Manjunath C S’s healthcare performs this method to analyze the uterine cavity for fibroids, polyps, adhesions, and the abnormalities in the anatomy.
Tests for males
Analysis of semen- The semen analysis is part of initial consultation of the male partner. The best clinic for the semen analysis is Dr. Manjunath C S. The analysis takes place to determine the following.
- Count – The number of sperms.
- Vitality – It determines the ability of the sperm to endure and survive.
- Morphology – The sperm’s shape.
- Motility – The swimming ability of the sperm.